Monday, August 10, 2009

More Flames

Remember how I said the new computer desk needed a chair or bench? Well, it's got one now and it's perfectly decorated for the guys in the house!

When I finished making the roman shades in the boys room, I had a lot of the flame fabric left over. So I decided to repurpose my grandmother's old vanity table bench and make it the new computer seating.

Here's the before:



The tools used:




And now the after:




Didn't it turn out great? It now matches the desk and the boys love it. My grandmother would be thrilled to know that this bench is still being used today by her great grandkids. She was pretty crafty too, I think she'd even like the flames.


Did I mention that I had a ton of the flame fabric leftover? Still do. I also covered their light switch plate. It ended up being a bit crooked, but it's not as noticeable in real life as it is in the pic:



That, I think, will be the last of the flames for a while. Think the boys would go for something pink next? There's got to be something girly in the house. I mean, there is at least one girl living here. Jeez.