Friday, August 07, 2009

Buttercup

A new project is on the needles! Of course, it may come right back off the needles if things look like they're going downhill. I think I became very spoiled by the Dark Green Day Sweater Vest. I was practically obsessed with that project and I'm just not feeling that for my current one.

I'm making Buttercup, by Heidi Kirrmaier. Here's the Ravelry link: Buttercup
I'm using Hobby Lobby's Love this Cotton! in Sage. Here's the progress so far:



I've already made quite a few modifications to the pattern. This is an A-line top, but I'm planning on omitting the a-line part and make it more fitted. I'll also still have gathers under the bust, but not the back. So far so good, especially since I'm only a few rows into it. It's being knitted in the round and has raglan sleeves, so I'll be able to tell sooner rather than later if I like it or not. That's the plan anyway. :)

Have a great weekend!