Monday, November 03, 2008

Knitting & Halloween, but not in that order

Halloween is such an exciting time for the kiddies. They get dressed up in their favorite costumes, argue because they want their sibling's accessories, and fun is had by everyone except Mom and Dad. Right?

This is what the first half of the evening looked like:

Woody really wanted the Evil Paladin Knight's Trident. It's tough being a good guy sheriff all the time. Sometimes you just want to get on 'Ol Bullseye and wave a trident around instead of a gun. The Evil Paladin Knight wasn't having any of that nonsense though and so there were many, many tears and screams of anger from Woody. Mom's hair garnered a few more grays in the process. Not that I needed any more highlights.

'Ol Tex seemed to get over it alright though, but Bullseye got left at home:

Evil Demon kitty did too. We didn't want to frighten the neighborhood youngsters:

I am heartily sick of all the candy. I have no willpower when it comes to Snickers and Twix and Milky Way and, and, and... I have eaten my weight in chocolate, my pants seem to have shrunk and my face is breaking out. But anyway, That's enough of Halloween!

On to Knitting now:

When last I spoke of knitting I was on the way to SAFF, I tried really hard to make this beautiful gray alpaca yarn become the Honeycomb Vest, but it would. not. succomb. My wants and wishes were ignored. The yarn just didn't want to become that vest.

Well, I still wanted an alpaca vest. So it was back to the drawing board. I picked the Thermal Vest instead. And guess what? It's working:

Sort of. See the third row down? Yep, mistake. I get to go and rip this back now and fix it or it will bother me forever. But still, the yarn likes the pattern! Yay!