Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's happened again

Damn and Double Damn. It's happened again. Yes, I'm talking about the alpaca vest done in waffle stitch.

I've come to the conclusion that the waffle stitch hates me. The yarn may like this stitch, but it's not reciprocated.

There I was, booking along on this vest, watching tv, happy as a clam. Until I looked down and saw this:

It's difficult to see the mistakes, but you'll notice the red arrows, I'm sure. Below red = good. Red and up = bad. Just look at all those purl stitches clustered together like a bunch of old biddies that shouldn't be clustering together. I don't know for the life of me what I'm doing differently than on the yellow side, but now I get to rip for the second time in a week and just about the same amount. Damn.

I may go back to spinning more yarn instead knitting it.