Friday, August 08, 2008

Fleece Study

I have joined a new Fleece Study. I plan on going to S.A.F.F. in October (on my birthday weekend) and I would like to purchase a fleece when I get there. The problem is, I have no clue what I'm doing when cleaning a fleece and I also don't know what kind I want. So, I joined the study.

It came with everything you see here (except for Widget the cat):

The box arrived damaged and I think one of the fleeces I was supposed to get fell out. I'll contact Linda and see if she can send it to me.

This is kinda spooky for me. I am an absolute newbie at this. I'm used to getting already prepared roving, not raw fleece that still has dirt, vegetable matter and poop in it. The smell isn't too bad. It reminds me of my granddad's farm. Of course if you're citified, you probably won't care for the smell.

I already started soaking one - the Columbia fleece. Right now it's doing an initial soak in some cool water and the water is becoming quite icky.




We'll see if I manage to get this thing clean or if I felt the bejeezus out of it.

I finished fixing the shawl. I'm not incredibly pleased with how it turned out. The tension is way too loose now and it's uneven. I'm hoping that careful blocking will alleviate the problem somewhat. Either way, I'm moving on. I'm already pushing my schedule out the window as it is. Sigh. At least it's a little better better.



I'm planning on going ice skating on Sunday, something that I haven't done in years and the hubby and the Eldest never have. It's a Cub Scout event at a local rink. I'll let you know if I break anything. :)

Have a great weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus