Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, My birthday turned out to be an almost lovely day. My parents came over and took us out to dinner sans kids. We ate at a nice small italian restaurant. We all went to the In-Laws and picked up the kids and got my bday loot and had cake. Everything was very lovely. EXCEPT. I'm covered in sore/itchy/hivey type spots and I'm still achy.

See, a couple of weeks ago I was bitten by a tick. Totally gave me the heebie jeebies when I found it on me, on the back of my head! Ewwwww. Now, I've got spots. So, I had to race to the doctor to get drugs to combat whatever this may be. It's too early to know and I refuse to worry myself about whether I have lyme disease or some strange Alabamian middle of nowhere fungal plague from my parents place at the lake. Hi Mom!

I've gotten zero knitting done in 3 days. My parents stayed the night last night and we were too busy chatting and playing with kids. The look on the Youngest's face today as they were leaving was priceless. He could not have made them feel more guilty if he had tried. Absolutely pitiful. Boy loves his Nanny and PawPaw. He kept saying " N' Go!" and pretended not to see me as I tried to take him from his Nanny. Thus, fully engaging in the theory, "If I can't see you, you must not be there and therefore won't take me from the person I would rather be with so you should just make me happy and go away." I guess I know my place in the world huh?

Just because I wasn't knitting does not mean that I was not being crafty though. This morning was the Cub Scouts Space Derby. Eldest and his Dad made a rocket. Guess who got roped into painting it? Yep. Your's Truly.

I got the "Most Imaginitive" award for my trouble, er, effort! Well, the certificate said that the Eldest got it, but I'm claiming it anyway. Here's a pic with the rocket and the model used. Ever heard of Larry Boy from Veggie Tales? If you haven't you should fix that. These are a parody of batman and spiderman done by the Veggie Tales crowd and they are super funny. Adults find it funnier than the kids do because of all the pop culture references. Anyway, here's the results:

I Am That Hero!

blog comments powered by Disqus