Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Clementine Shawlette is Finished!

Ha! I told you I'd have another FO today! Yes, the Clementine Shawlette is finally finito. It took long enough. I had a tough choice to make today: Nap during Youngest's nap time or I could work on the knitting. I am now very sleepy, but happy to have another Finished Object.

So, it's time for "what have I learned from this project."

  1. Kitchener stitch is really not bad. I think I like doing this better than the mattress stitch. Reading many blog posts and comments in the forums had me worried that this part would look terrible on the shawlette, but I like it.
  2. All acrylics are not created equal. This Lion Brand Micro Spun yarn is a dream. It's so soft and glides well on the needle.
  3. It's definitely time for and un-lace project. This was fun, but I need a break from lace. I'm all laced out.
  4. I learned how to read a chart! I think I prefer directions written out, but now I can do both.
  5. I learned that it's real easy to make stupid math mistakes.
  6. But! I can now rip out lace like it's nobody's business! This project caused me to get over the fear of frogging. So, I guess the stupid mistakes served their purpose.
Now, on to the pics:
Full length shot

The dreaded seam

Sideways Over the back of the chair shot

Close Up shot of the Chevrons!


Yeah Me!
blog comments powered by Disqus