Monday, October 22, 2007

Blah!

I finally confessed to the hubby that I spent some money. He's a little paranoid about the subject lately since there's not any coming in. I spent it in July. On The Police concert tickets. For those not in "the Know" that's The Police, a rock band, not the Barney Fife kind of pOh-lice that give out tickets to unsuspecting drivers. You won't find the band giving out free tickets. Oh no, not them. You pay up front for these and then receive a piece of paper, not the other way around.

So, I tried passing them off as an anniversary gift to him (the 19th was our 11th wedding anniv.) Sneaky huh? It totally didn't fool him for a sec. All he said was "these are really for you aren't they?" while grinning. Um, maybe. I do heart me some Sting. I don't care if he's old enough to be my dad. He can go tantric all over me any time he cares too. Older men are so sexy. How the hell did I end up married to a guy younger than me?



Other than that, My life has entered "the blah zone." I swear.

On one hand, I spend my day chasing a toddler and chauffeuring the Eldest to all his "appointments" - to school in the mornings, to school in the afternoons, etc.

On the other hand, the knitting is still plodding along. I'm hoping that within the next two days or so, I'll finish the Clementine Shawlette. Don't even ask me about Dad's socks. Those are not plodding. They've dug in their heels and have decided that if they go anywhere, it's because they've been drug there.

In between those two hands, I've been in a funk. I'm hoping that one of these days I'll snap out of it. Maybe it's because it's my birthday week? Does everyone do this before their birthday?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I do that before my birthday, too. Part of it is how different my life is than I expected it to be, and part of it is expectations that my birthday will just absolutely suck.

    ReplyDelete