Monday, June 28, 2010

Freezer Treats

I keep most of my images up in my Flickr account.  I recently had someone complain (don't know who they were) that I don't title my images.  Well, if they don't like it, that's just too bad.  While many and varied, my hobbies do not include photography.  There are so many folks over at flickr that show off their fantastic picture taking skills.  I am not one of them nor do I have those picture taking skills.  I use flickr for the blog and that's it.  Oh, and as a backup of my digital pics.  I just don't understand someone going after me to complain because I don't title my image.  Don't they have anything better to do? 

Like making Freezer Treats?







Freezer Treats have become a staple at our house.  The kids beg for them and I try my best to hide them from everyone else so that I can snack on them late at night.  :)  They are low caloried, sweet and chewy.  They satisfy the snack monster in me without packing a wallop to the hips.  Yay!

My Mom got this idea from some folks over at Weight Watchers many years ago and I thought that I'd pass it along to you.  I promise, after a couple of these, your family will start fighting over them too.

Freezer Treats:

Chocolate Graham Crackers
Fat Free Cool Whip

Break the cracker into halves, apply 1 to 2 Tbsp cool whip to the cracker, put the other half on top.  That's it!



It's so simple.  The trick though, to these becoming really good, is to make them, then pop them into your freezer and walk away for several hours or even a full day.  The crackers absorb the moisture from the cool whip and become really soft and chewy, tasting a lot like an ice cream sandwich.  Two of these babies will run about 150 calories total! 

Enjoy!
blog comments powered by Disqus