I've spoken about Swagbucks before, but for all you cynics out there, here's my proof that it's free, it works, it's legit.
Look what came in the mail yesterday:
Yep, a brand new Wii console with Wii Sports included! I paid not one penny for it. I'm so excited, this will be the big Christmas present at our house this year. There's no way I'm letting Santa take credit for this one, oh no. It'll be wrapped up and under the tree just waiting. The hubby is excited about it too and wanting to give it to them now, but I'm not letting him ruin the Christmas surprise. I've been planning this one for way too long.
So, how does the whole "Swagbucks thing" work?
Here's what works for me: The prize I shoot for on the site is the $5 Amazon gift cards (you can buy just about anything on Amazon.) They are worth 450 swagbucks each (If you are in Canada, make sure you get the Amazon.ca gift certificates.) Twice a month they will give out the gift card codes that you ordered and you enter the card into your Amazon account. Easy! You can order 5 of these cards a month. I'm getting $25 in Amazon gift cards a month.
1. Search and win - use their search engine. You can't just keep entering stuff in to win though, you have to search "naturally", basically using it like you would any search engine. Just make sure you don't over search. You will be awarded Swagbucks randomly and it can range from 5 swagbucks at a time to sixty some odd swagbucks.
2. Daily Freebies - If you install their toolbar, you get one point a day for this. Then go to the Daily polls section on their site and take the simple poll (takes maybe 2 seconds), that gets you one more. Next, the Special offers page - Click on the little box in the upper right hand corner that says view our no special obligation offers. Scroll down and click skip. Do this several times and you get another point. Last is the trusted surveys section. Just click on the page and you automatically get another one. Doing these adds up! You get 120 points total for the month just doing this.
3, Swagcodes - The Swag Guy (TSG) hides or gives out random codes. If you download the swidget and check it regularly, it will tell you when and where the codes can be found. Alternately, and this is what I do, is to go to the Swagbucks Facebook page (accessed from the main swagbucks page) and if you see lots of Thanks TSG!'s on there, you know there is a code out. Yes, there are some idiots that crop up from time to time on the facebook page, just disregard those and don't click on any links that you see come up on the page. Be sure and to read the blog there a couple of times a day as well. TSG posts a lot of clues there on where to find the Swagcodes.
4. Trusted Surveys - You can take surveys to earn extra bucks as well. Make sure that you go to your profile section on the trusted survey page and fill out each of the surveys there. You'll make a gracious amount of bucks that way. You better hurry though, they've already stated that they will be lowering the amount of bucks awarded for those real soon.
5. Tasks - On the Special offers section, scroll down until you see Wall (or tab) one and click it. Next click on the tasks tab. You can do some of these tasks to earn extra bucks as well.
6. Spread the word - If you get people to sign up under you, and you can do that here by the way, you can earn up to 1,000 bucks per person. As they win from doing searches, so do you! (Thanks to my readers who have already done this!)
I do all of these in my free time and try not to get obsessed by how much fun this can be earning free money. It's free because Swagbucks get paid from their advertisers. They just pass along the goodies to you.
Are other people doing this? Yes, check out the number of fans that the facebook page alone has.
I forgot to mention that I am in no way associated with Swagbucks. I don't work for them, I just play on their site to earn my petty cash. :)