Thursday, February 26, 2009

The cursed project

So I picked up my long time nemesis, the Zara Cabled Tunic, again. I got about two more measly inches done before my wrists began aching again.

This cable stuff should be easy for me at this point, right? Am I tensing up my wrists? Holding them and my arms at a bad angle? I just can't figure it out.

You have no idea how badly I'm wavering between trying to get this thing finished or frogging the whole damn thing. It's kind of a love/hate relationship we have going at this point.

Anyone got any tips for working on cables without wrist pain?

I'm cabling without a cable needle. I've never learned how to cable with a needle and think this would slow me down worse than I'm going now on this thing. Maybe I'm getting tense everytime I have to pull the needle out of a couple of stitches, leave them loose and cross them before putting them back on the needle.

I did not have this trouble while working on Rogue. This is the only cable project that hurts me. It could be caused by the eleventy bajillion cables on this sweater. Couldn't it?

Is it me? the yarn? the cursed project? the world working against me? what. is. it. ???