Friday, October 10, 2008

Jogless Technique Comparison

Here are some side by side pics of two different Jogless Striping Techniques.

#1 Knit one stitch with both colors then drop the old and knit around with the new. Then, on next round slip the stitch that has both colors and knit around. Next round, knit all.

#2 Again knit one stitch with both colors then drop off the old and knit with the new. Then, on next round take the stitch below the two color stitch and pull it up on the needle and ktog, then knit around. Next round, knit all.



#1







#2













Overall, I think that I prefer technique #2. Obviously I need to tighten up some stitches (especially the red) before I weave in the ends, but I think it looks a little neater than #1 and it also feels easier to do for some reason. Personally, I don't like the looseness of the slipped stitch in technique #1.

So, that's my opinion on the Jogless stripe techniques that I've tried. Your mileage may vary of course. :)

Some cuteness for you:

Today was school picture day and the Youngest was all dolled up for it. I had a devil of a time getting him to stand still for this pic: