Monday, October 13, 2008

Beads!

Why do I always think that I'm going to get a lot of knitting done while I'm at the lake on the occasional weekends that we go? I do this on vacations and other trips too. I pack a whole bunch of yarn and needles and patterns and expect to finish all of the projects.

I got the second sleeve done. sigh.

But! I did do something fun with beads. My mom and I made some necklaces. Here's mine:


It took much longer to do these than expected thanks to a certain little two year old boy that thinks he should be allowed to play with all the beads and mix them up and drop them on persian-style rugs that have a billion colors in them so that you can't find the beads when they're dropped. How's that for a run-on sentence? He got a lot happier when we gave him some old necklaces to play with though. :)

I love the combinations of browns, copper, gold and black. You could wear this with any shade of brown or black for that matter and it would always look great. I'm seriously considering getting into the jewelry business. I would love to make these and sell them. It'd be nice to have some pocket change to supplement my fiber habits. Don't you agree?