Thursday, July 24, 2008

I need danger pay

Well, the result I got (unblocked as yet) when I plied some of the singles was sooo not what I was expecting. The red in the yarn became much softer, and it almost has a tweedy effect, especially since I couldn't get out some of the little slubs that are in there.


I should get danger pay for writing the blog. It almost cost me my life to take that picture just to show you the yarn. The blood sucking mosquitoes just about sucked all the blood out of me.

We are prisoners in our house in the summer thanks to those little beasts. There's no way I can let the kids go in the backyard to play unless they are completely covered in chemicals. I hate it. I can't even kick them out of the house when I get aggravated with them. Not fair, not fair, not fair...

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! My BF and I went camping last weekend and no amount of bug spray/smoke/tiki torch flame would keep them away from me. HE, however, only got bitten once, and that was when we were leaving. Hrmph.

    ReplyDelete