Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How dumb was this?

All this week is basketball camp from 6:30 to 8:00pm. I have to sit there for an hour and a half while the Eldest goes and has fun. Granted, I don't have to deal with the Youngest while this is going on since his father will be home (yeah!) but an hour and a half is a long time without something to do.

I should know, since I did it last night. We forgot all about the camp yesterday. At 6:17 I happened to look up at the clock and suddenly remembered. I must have said every bad word in the book in mass panic. The place where it's being held is about 20 minutes away. I literally grabbed the keys, my purse and the boy and we raced to the minivan and left.

Did I grab anything to do? No. I spent an hour and a half watching little boys do drills. Not real exciting. So I decided to remedy that tonight by taking the baby sweater with me. But.

I did something really dumb. A month or two ago I needed the needles that were being used for the terracotta baby sweater on another project.
Remember this?
Did I write down what size they were before removing them? Um, no. Now I have no idea what size to use for the sweater. I tried to figure out what they were used on so I could backtrack and couldn't figure that out either. I'm usually so good about writing down this kind of stuff.

I'm going to try out the size fours or fives or maybe sixes tonight and see if I can get it to look like the rest of the sweater. Not a smart gal at all, am I?

That was rhetorical, so please don't answer. Okay?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can see me doing the same dumb needle thing. When I start a project, I usually mention the pattern and yarn in my blog, but not the needle size. Since I rarely use the size recommended in the pattern, maybe I should add that info to my blog as well. That, or never steal needles from one project for another. HA! Lots a luck with that!

    ReplyDelete