Thursday, March 06, 2008

This Coming Weekend

When I say that the Lil' Lambs consignment sale I work at (I'm a committee member - there's about 22 of us) every six months is huge, I'm not kidding. For the past two days I've worked my behind off setting up for this. There' still two days left. We open to the public tomorrow.

But for tonight, I've got some pics for you of it. You'll have to forgive the quality of them though, all I had was my camera phone.

Let's start off with the toys, shall we? These were piled up and falling off the tables and there are loads crammed under each table as well.

Mountains of toys


And even more toys

And look! more toys!
Need a few shoes?

How about a few baby swings?
I counted 41 swings

And strollers? Tons.


How about clothes?
A view from on stage

The best thing above all about this sale though? Yes, there's tons of stuff. Yes, about $65,000 will exchange hands this weekend. But it all goes back to the children of our church: To children in need and to the needs of the children's ministry in church and to the children in the community. This sale also provides the community with extremely (some downright cheap) affordable items that they can use to have well clothed (and toyed) happy children. Not bad for a weekend's worth of work huh?

3 comments:

  1. Yike! That collection is incredible! You are definitely not lazy!

    I, however, am very lazy. Really!

    The one-armed sweater sample didn't crack me up. The air turned a bit blue around me :)Live and learn..that is...use a LOT of markers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:19 AM

    Wow - that is amazing! Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am speechless... what a bonanza for a bargain hunter! and for a good cause too!

    ReplyDelete