Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's Elementary My Dear Watson

This Pic cracks me up. Today at school was "dress up like a book character day." So while most of the boys (8 of them to be exact) dressed like Harry Potter, the Eldest decided to be different and dress up as Dr. Watson from the Sherlock Holmes novels of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He would have been Sherlock if we could have found the right had, but this was the best we could do. The teachers loved it, but the kids were clueless. What elementary kid (besides mine) even knows who Sherlock Holmes is?

He wore a jacket of his Dad's that was long enough to be a trench coat on him. We just added a mustache, pipe and hat. He said that none of the other kids "had as much detail with their costumes" as he did. Notice we had to roll up the sleeves a couple of hundred times to get the coat to fit.

I'm glad that he's game to try and be different from the other kids. That will serve him well later on in life.
It's elementary my Dear Watson!

Oh, and thanks for the correction about my last post Lizzie! I didn't know that about Xmas.
blog comments powered by Disqus