Friday, October 15, 2010

Peacock Shawlette

On September 29th I started a test knit for Kitman Figueroa called the Peacock Shawlette (Ravelry Link).  After a few minor glitches and one huge one, I finally finished this project.  I've been up to my eyeballs busy and haven't been able to get it blocked until now.  I think the recipient will be very pleased with her new shawlette.  Just look how gorgeous this project turned out: 


2010_10150043


2010_10150016




2010_10150003


Yarn used:  Lang Yarns Jawoll Magic, fingering weight.    Don't you just love all the greens in this?

Tips:  If you make this shawl, you are far better off using less stitch markers than more.  One on each end between the garter and lace stitches and one on each side of the center stitch will be sufficient.  When I tried to use the stitch markers between each of the lace repeats, it just caused major confusion. 

This is such a lovely pattern.  The lace charts are awesomely easy to follow and it just gets more and more fun to knit as you go along.  You go from more stitches to less and the project just gets faster and faster.
blog comments powered by Disqus