Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A Use for Peach Pits

Remember my last trip to the dollar store?    Well, I went back and found a few other gems.

More glassware that will be transformed into smaller versions of the hurricane lamps:

2010_09010012

Also, gearing up for Fall, I found these lovely darlings:

2010_09010007


Speaking of the William Sonoma Hurricane Knockoffs, I finally found something to put in them:

2010_09010014


Peach Pits!  Two summers ago, we had a bumper crop of peaches from our peach tree in the back yard.  I spent quite a bit of time scrubbing the pits and drying them out.  I wasn't sure what I was going to be using them for, but I loved the color and texture that they had.  They'll add a lot to the Fall mantlescape.

Just look at all that texture:

2010_09010016


Also, look at what a difference a change of lighting makes.  Who knew peach pits could be interesting?
blog comments powered by Disqus