Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shawl Mishaps

In all the teeth and bunk bed excitement I forgot to tell you what happened with the Prayer Shawl that I was making.  I had finished the length of it and was oh so glad because I had lost all excitement over it.  I laid it out to examine it really close and wished that I had done that a lot sooner.  I found two unforgivable errors.  There's supposed to be a straight lattice look to it and in two places it looked like a spider had gotten in to the lattice and set up house.  There was no way I could gift it looking like that.  I also decided that there was no way I was going to be making it again.  I'm going to hope the prayers made it my Aunt's way, since the shawl won't be.  I frogged it.

Then I had started digging in the Ravelry database and found another shawl that I wanted to try.  It's the One Skein, A Stole shawl (Ravelry link) that uses one skein of Noro sock yarn.  After all the black from the previous project, the Noro project is very welcome.  I don't particularly like the way the yarn feels, but the colors are awesome.  Here's the yarn that I'm using:






As far as my teeth go, its' going amazingly well.  Little to no pain, I'm only taking Ibuprofen for any that pops up.  I've been painting walls today and feeling fine.  I even ate fried chicken last night!  Yippee!  I'm kinda shocked that everything has gone so well to tell you the truth. 

So now I'm going to go back to painting.  The walls would like to be painted sometime before the century is over.
blog comments powered by Disqus