Friday, March 05, 2010

The Great Toy Purge of 2010

The children's consignment sale at my church is next weekend.  I, however, being on the committee, must have everything labeled, tagged and delivered by Monday.  I'll be working all weekend towards that goal.  Here's just a sampling of what I'm getting rid of:



I could start a toy store all by my lonesome.  You should see what is left up in the playroom!  I'm trying to get rid of the Youngest for a few hours tomorrow so that I do more purging.  The problem with having the kids here while I'm doing it is that I hear "But Mom, I love that toy!" even when they haven't played with it in over a year.  It kinda makes it hard to get rid of the overwhelming amount of toys that have come into our house over the years.  Stuff comes in and never goes out.  It must go!

Here's something rare that never happens around here.  I almost had a heart attack when I saw it because they really don't get along nine tenths of the time: