Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Knitting Project Progress Report and a Cable Trick

The Boatneck Cable Thingymagig Sweater is progressing nicely.  This is despite the fact that I haven't knit a stitch in about three days.  I did the majority of my knitting this weekend during Auburn's embarrassing loss to Kentucky on Saturday evening. The rest of my  time has been spent making more Sterling Silver jewelry or I've been helping the Eldest deal with homework and a huge project that is due on Friday. 




This evening doesn't look to good for knitting either since I'll be gone to choir practice until 9 or 9:30.  So we'll see how tomorrow looks on the knitting front instead.

I have gotten past the fun cable part to the place in the pattern where you have to knit eleventy billion stitches, or until the piece measures 13.5".  Something like that anyway.  Then the monotony will continue - it'll just switch from plain stockinette to ribbing. 

I did figure out another cable trick while working on this though!  I mentioned one cabling trick before when dealing with a cable where you go from either a knit to a purl stitch or purl to knit stitch.  But, what about when you go from a knit stitch to a knit stitch when coming out of the cable?   

It's so simple:  On the last stitch of the cable, right before the next knit stitch, twist the stitch.  That's it!  It tightens up the loose baggy stitch very well.

Hope that helps someone!