Tuesday, September 08, 2009

This is a knitting blog, right?

I've been feeling awfully artsy/craftsy lately.  For instance, over the past couple of days I've been working on more counter tops.  Specifically, the counters that are on either side of my stove.  I'm having to take the counters on in tiny little steps due to lack of time and dealing with children, but it's getting done!

But alas, it's been digging into my knitting time.  I'm not saying that I haven't been knitting, ya know, but I'll show you a report on that tomorrow.  It's hard to get crafty people to be completely monogamous with their hobbies, isn't it?

Back to the counters.  Here's a couple of in progress shots:


Once again, I almost forgot the before and after.  The one on the left has the first base coat of paint, the right is the original counter.

Both with a base coat.

Faux finish applied, but no resin
And this is how it looked a few minutes ago with the resin and paint touchups!

Please ignore the crap shoved into the cabinet on the left.  Having cabinets open has allowed all sorts of things to land there, like coupons and other misc. paper.  I couldn't get the stove shoved all the way back in by myself today.  It's stuck on something.  When the hubby gets in today, that'll be his job.

There's only one more counter to go, but it's a doozy.  It's easily the size of the other two combined and we are going to have to pull the sink out of it to do it right.  That's also the spouse's job since that's not something that I'm qualified to do!

I'm very pleased with how all of this is turning out.  Oh, and by the way, the new resin (EX74) is working out beautifully.  I've gone out and purchased a resin mold to make jewelry with it as well as using it on the counters.  It's way too much fun to let it just sit in bottles.