Monday, September 07, 2009

Eek! A Mouse!

I saw a vinyl decal on a website last week (and for the life of me I can't remember where) that had a mouse hole and a clothes line on it with tiny little clothes on it.  I thought it would be perfect for the boys' room.  I kept it in black except for some tiny little flames on the mouse's shirt to mimic the flames that we have going on the roman shades and the light switch.

Here's a pic with the light switch included:
If you'll notice, this is as wide as this piece of wall gets.  There is molding to both sides and on the left is the boys' closet.  The mouse hole fits perfectly here.    It's a small, but fun detail.

And here's a close up of the mouse hole:

The color is a bit faded thanks to the camera flash, it's a bit darker in real life.  And yes, for the record, mice have a real problem making their mouse holes stand up straight and not lean to the right.

*****
Edited: because I forgot to mention the supplies used.  These are just basic acrylic craft paints.  I also used a black sharpie to clean up the lines a little bit.