Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Green Day Sweater Vest

Yesterday I mentioned that I'm currently working on the Green Day Sweater Vest by Mari Muinonen. I'm still using the Paton's Classic Tweed Wool in Deep Olive that just didn't want to be the 1930s Sweater. I like it much better in this project.

Here's the progress so far:

I was worried that the flecks of color would detract from the cables, but I don't think that 's happening, do you? If you noticed that the left cable is different than the two right ones, it's because the panel in between the two cables on the left is the center front of the sweater. There are four large cables total on this vest, two right and two left.

There are two mods that I've made so far, only one of which was completely intentional. I added two stitches to the front to make a panel in the center of the sweater. That's the one that I meant to do. The second was on the baby cables at the bottom. I left out a row in the center of the baby cables, unintentionally, but decided that I liked it anyway and continued the mistake throughout the bottom of the vest. To make up for the lost rows, I added another baby cable repeat before starting the body of the sweater.

I had a difficult time figuring out the pattern instructions for doing this in the round. I've figured it out for the body so far, but who knows what will happen when I get to the straps. :)