Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The News

Knitting News: I've only got like three repeats to go on my Clever Little Shawl to go. Woohoo!

Carding/Spinning News: I'm still carding that damn brown stuff together. It's taking forever. I have about 4 more batts to go before the next step of carding. The first step was to mix the different fibers together. The next step consists of splitting the batts and carding them together randomly in order to get the most homogeneous mix that I can get without overcarding. I could probably skip that step, but I don't want to.

I'm going to have around 20 batts that are approximately 2 ounces a piece. If you think that I'm complaining now, you just wait until the spinning all starts. I'm planning a 3 ply dk weight yarn and will be mixing and matching bobbins then like I'm mixing and matching batts now. This could take all year to complete at this rate.

Kitchen renovation news: Haven't done a thing since the last report. Oh wait, I did order new knobs and pulls and they came in today. This was super inexpensive which is the only way I was going to get new ones. I had a total of 31 knobs to replace. There are a crap load of cabinets and drawers in my kitchen, it's a fairly big kitchen. I went to ebuilderdirect.com and ordered these beautiful birdcage style oil rubbed bronze knobs and pulls and got them for about $1.50 a piece. Click on the link to look at the ones I picked. Love 'em! They look fantastic with the chandelier we already have in the kitchen.

I'm hoping to get back into the primering/painting stuff sometime tomorrow or Friday. Now that the knobs are here I have more incentive to get this stuff done!

That's all the news I've got today. Well, other than the kids and I just had a serious discussion about poor attitudes, not minding, and how I'm not their maid. Won't be the last time that discussion hits the fan. Gee, I can't wait 'til the teenage years. (go back and read that sentence again, and just imagine it dripping heavily with sarcasm.)

I'd go have an alcoholic beverage thanks to my children, but I don't think that would go over well when I have to go to church choir practice tonight, do you?