Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Fun

I hope that you had fun over the weekend. For me, it was a great, restful holiday weekend.

We went to my Uncle's farm (to hand deliver the Wedding Stole to the bride's mother) and saw some "Houseys" to use the Youngest's term for horses. He's got a bunch of Arabians that are absolutely gorgeous. This is one of the "babies" he has:

They are all like great big dogs. If you go out into the pasture you'll be surrounded and each one of them will be competing for attention. It's really very cool. We fed them pears straight off the tree while we were out there. It made us very popular with the four footed crowd.

The kids also spent their time exhausting my parents dog. Here's pic of her in her favorite resting spot, on top of the back of the couch (she's weird):

And something really cool was waiting for me in the mail when I got home. Two patterns from White Lies Designs: the Easy Lace Jacket and the Madeline Shawl Jacket. I won these in a drawing from the Sexy Knitters Club for doing a Knit a long over there. Way cool!

I'll have an update on the W tank top and some spinning stuff done over the weekend as well for you tomorrow. See ya then!
blog comments powered by Disqus