Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blocking Rods

I'm so close! Only 15 rows to go on the Wedding Stole and then blocking. Yeah!

I went to Home Depot today and bought 4, 1/8" x 36" brass rods today to use as blocking wires/rods. Should work perfectly on this stole. I also grabbed some galvanized picture hanging wire to use for blocking on stuff that requires something more flexible. We'll see how that does. All of this was way cheaper than buying a blocking wire kit online. I love hardware stores! But they do look at me funny when I tell them what I want their stuff for. Happens every time.

The Youngest starts pre-pre-pre K next week and he needs a backpack. So guess what we bought today and he won't take off now? Wore it all through the Home Depot trip. Sometimes you just have to pick your battles, ya know?

1 comment:

  1. My son is 3 and starts preschool in a couple weeks. He picked out a Superman backpack today and had to wear it while we finished shopping. He is currently sleeping with it!

    ReplyDelete