Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mixed Bag

Today is kind of a mixed bag posting. I've got several things going on that I want to share with you:


Got a couple of new roving colorways for you:

The dark on is "Midnight in the Garden". A blend of wool and mohair that has all the colors of an English garden swirled with black for depth. I've got 2 oz. of it. I'm hoping to get my etsy store up and going and this will be up for sale on it. I'll let you know as soon as I get my act together.

The second is "Lemon Sherbert Swirl". It's strictly wool, no mohair. It's mainly a very light yellow with swirls of turquoise, orange and small hints of pink. The one you see is the only one completed so far. Do you like it? Should I do more? I may just spin this one to see how it might look spun up.

Knitting WIPs:

Baltic Sea Stole:

Not coming along as fast as I'd like thanks to only being able to work on this late at night. I messed up with the bead diagram that I have, so I changed it to echo some of the waves in the shawl. I like it just as well as the original diagram. The diagram was obtained through a nice Ravelry person.


Anthropologie Capelet:

This is now my mindless knitting project. I'm using some handspun that I made from the Spunky Eclectic roving that I got when I ordered my wheel. About a third of the way finished. I'll have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to work. The yarn is thick and thin, not bulky like is called for in the pattern.


And last thing to show you (and it's the last time I'll force you to look at it, promise):

The cedar chest is finished! Didn't it turn out great?


Here it is stuffed with stash. No, not all of my stash, just what I could get to fit in there. :)

4 comments:

  1. The chest really looks fabulous! A job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a good eye for the beauty that lies within - that chest turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful chest! Great job.

    I started when I saw your Midnight in the Garden as I'm knitting Midnight in the Orchid Garden Socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I had a lot of fun doing it, but I'm glad it's finished now. My stash needed a better home. My closet was booby-trapped. Everytime I'd open it, yarn or bags of fiber would fall on me. :)

    ReplyDelete