Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Terracotta baby cardigan

Well, we're finally getting a girl in the extended family. Yay! This family has been lousy with boys for way too long.

So, I opted to make a baby cardigan for the pending arrival. This was the project that I took on my trip to FL this past weekend. What progress did I make? NONE! I frogged the damn thing 3 times.

I was using one of Elizabeth Zimmerman's patterns (Baby Surprise Jacket) and for some reason just couldn't get the hang of it. I'm ditching that pattern and I'm going to try her February Sweater from the Knitter's Almanac instead. We'll see if I'm competent enough to do that one.

I'm not sure what happened. I looked on Ravelry and there have been thousands of these things made. So what's wrong with me?

I'm going to use Cotton Ease in Terracotta. This is perfect for this family. The mother is a real "back to nature" sort (nothing fru-fru about her) and the father loves orange.

I found these cute buttons to go with it. Aren't they cute?

Fish Bowl Buttons!

The yarn in the picture is way too bright. The actual color is really a pretty coral.

Cross your fingers that I don't screw this one up, 'kay?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like it's going to be really cute! Good luck!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:45 AM

    I understand your trouble with the Suprise baby jacket. I had the same issues before I was given a "cheat" sheet. With the sheet I was able to work through the jacket and have made a few. If you'd like a copy, go to my blog and send me a message.

    ReplyDelete