Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Knitting & Spinning Stuff

New knitting project:

Zara Cabled Pullover by Cornelia Hamilton. This is very much like a sweater I saw in a Victoria Secret catalogue recently. I'm using Knitpicks' Wool of the Andes in Iron Ore. A gorgeous red. It's a deeper red than that shown in the picture. This pattern stood me on my head last night. Never try to look at a complicated pattern when you are tired. This pattern is not so bad once you wrap your head around it, but this is not for beginners that's for sure.

View one of Cables

View Two of Cables



I also had a minor spinning disaster yesterday. I went to my LYS to use the spinning wheel again. I thought my spinning went great until I tried to wind the yarn off. It kept breaking in one and two yard pieces. So I took the mess home, got out my drop spindle and re-spun the whole damn thing. Took me for-e-ver. But it looks nice now.

I went back today and spun some more and here's the results. They're definitely getting better.


I also played with mixing two different color fibers. This group is much thicker. I wasn't trying very hard to make it thin, I was just playing with colors here.





I also got on Craigslist today. I'm trying to sell a bunch of stuff so I can afford a spinning wheel of my own. If I can sell the three things I posted today I'll have enough to get the one I want. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your Craigslist sales! Spinning is so relaxing. The cabled sweater looks great so far, I love the color.

    ReplyDelete