Monday, February 04, 2008

Good Things/ Bad Things

One Good Thing:

My knitting library is growing. This came in the mail today:


One not so good:

Steeking. Need I really say more?

I'm working on the shoulder part on Bella Paquita. The part where the lace doesn't lay right because there's too much of it. So, you have to put in a dart on each shoulder and cut off the excess fabric. That part gives me hives. And it's not working so well either. I'm having a lot of trouble with it. It's making the shoulder pointy. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It looks like the sweater was put up on a hanger and left for a while and now has a bump in it.

I'm not going to cut anything until I'm sure it's right. So far, I've pulled out the sewing stitches twice and will probably do it a few times more. It's just me and a mirror. I don't have anyone to help with this.

I'm all game for advice! Please! (This is a small cry for help if you haven't noticed.)

EDIT: I moved the steeks to the back of the sweater. They've been sewn, but not yet cut. I think I need to build my steeking mojo a bit. Maybe with a Margarita....
blog comments powered by Disqus