Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bella Paquita Steeks Complete!

It's. Done. I've cut the steeks. My first steeks. I'm sorta proud. Who knew I'd be able to take a pair of really sharp scissors and just start choppin' through hours of work? I think I may go throw up now.

The remnants

So this is what it looks like now. I moved the steeks from the shoulders to the back because I could never get them to lay right on my shoulders. This was much simpler. I also figured that if I really screwed it up, my long hair would cover part of it anyway. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it.

Back part of neck on Bella Paquita


Now I have to finish the last inch or so at the bottom of the sweater and it'll be finished. I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am to have gotten past this part of the sweater. I've been agonizing over it.

Margaritas anyone?

3 comments:

  1. I know I am proud of you girl! No way could I cut through hours of work.
    I think I would probably throw up too!
    I can't wait to see it finished...love that color.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally braver than I am. I'd have had to think about that for a really really long time. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I had them prepared to do last night, but I decided to step away until I was fresh and ready to tackle them. Scared the daylights out of me.

    ReplyDelete