Tuesday, December 11, 2007

knitting gremlins and toupees

Sometime between last night and this afternoon, gremlins got into my knitting bag. Here is the current and proper state of my sock knitting. Can you see how the needles are laid out? One needle is for the cabled side and one needle is for the stockinette side and when laid down, everything should be flat. Can ya see that?
Click to enlarge
Now, last night when I put the knitting down everything was fine. When I picked it back up this afternoon though, oh boy. One of the needles, instead of having both sides pointing away from each other, were pointing in! How the heck did this happen? I have no clue. Nothing is wrong with the socks or stitches. Why? and while we're at it, Why Me? I had to pull the needle out from one end and re-do it. Now I'm back at the above proper knitting with 2 circs configuration. It had to be gremlins!

I've been working on a time intensive project lately. I'll have to show you it later when it's closer to completion. It's not knitting, but it is crafty. Anyway, I was working with some fun fur and the Youngest got a hold of it, put it on his head and proudly yelled "hat!" You can see his new toupee below.

Daddy's got a new rug!

2 comments:

  1. Still laughing at the octopus and monkey reference for your son. Whatever other animal he may have totemized, he's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So far, being cute is the only thing that's saved him. :)

    ReplyDelete