Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Scouts

Well, tonight was a big deal in the Cub Scout world. The Eldest earned his Bobcat badge and a ton of other stuff. He was so proud of himself.

I am not very involved in the Scouting world. Not because I don't want to be (except for camping. You'd have to pay me to do that and then supply power for my hair dryer and proper lighting for my makeup) but because I'm trying to let this be something that he and his father do together without my interference.

The Eldest has always been a "Mama's Boy" (which is fine with me since I won't have to marry him - let some other woman retrain him like I had to with his Dad) and this is the first time they've really done something together. Also, his Dad never got to do this growing up so he's living vicariously through the Eldest. So, basically, I stay back in the shadows and try to offer encouragement and a few "atta-boys" on the way. And this way, I don't have to go camping.

Besides, somebody's gotta watch the Youngest. Although camping would be more restful I think. Maybe I will take up camping... Can you knit well by firelight?
blog comments powered by Disqus