Saturday, August 18, 2007

Stuffed pig's feet and potato chip salad

Do you truly appreciate how your parents can affect you for the rest of your life?

My Dad used to work for Eastern Airlines before they went defunct. While checking everybody in as they arrived for their flight, he got tired of constantly hearing "what's the meal on this flight?" So, one day he answered "Catfish, grits and jello." Needless to say he got some funny looks, but the people quit asking stupid questions.

I, too, get the question "Mom, what's for dinner?" every night as I'm cooking. You'd think that the eldest would learn to stop asking this question.

The other night I made stuffed chicken. The way it was wrapped suggested the look of a hoof. I also made au gratin potatoes from a box. When asked the inevitable question, I answered "Stuffed pig's feet and potato chip salad." You should have seen the look on his face.

Another time my answer was "Dog food with fish poopy water (from the aquarium of course) to drink."

You really would think that he'd quit askin' wouldn't ya?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had thought of some of that when my kids were still home. On the other hand they might tell you some wild stuff about what their mother did after they left home. You might want to take a look.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete