Monday, April 30, 2007

Vent day

Today is Vent day. Yesterday I was so furious that I cried. Yes, I am one of those. If I am so ticked that I'm crying, watch out. The crying only makes me more mad.

It seems that I've gotten caught up in some politics within the theater troupe that I'm in. I'm not going to go into everything that has lead up to this point, but I finally became a victim of it. I was the last man standing, so to speak, in a small group of friends that have been driven out, one after the other, from the theater group. I've been a fixture in the troupe now for about four years. I have always had either a lead part or at least a small part in every production. Never have I been relegated to the background scenery. I have always done more than my fair share of the work involved in putting on a production. As a matter of fact, I've worked my behind off for these people. But yesterday was not a good day.

Today I am merely angry and resentful. I feel like i've been slapped. You see, not only is this a community theater group, but it's also church based. These are, or were, my so-called friends, people that I go to church with, was in choir with, in sunday school with, etc. These are supposed to be people who are christians and act with christian ethics and morals.

I've had jobs where I ran head-on into politics and at least there I saw it coming, could read the writing on the wall. But this blind sided me. It really did. I've become a victim of the clique.
blog comments powered by Disqus