Thursday, March 03, 2011

My Upcoming Silk Project

There's a wedding in my future, not mine (been there, done that) but my cousin's.  It's in April, like next month.  A few years ago I made her sister a wedding shawl.  Guess what?  Now she needs one too.

So, her Mom and I picked out one that we thought would suit her and it's the Echo Flower Shawl by Jenny Johnson Johnen.  I'm making the shawl size and the yarn that I've picked out is this one:


It's from Woodland Woolworks and is a 20/2 silk lace weight and absolutely gorgeous and soft.  
My problem with making this shawl in less than a month is that next week I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in a children's consignment sale that I'm co-chairing.  There won't be any knitting time for me next week or this weekend for that matter as I'm starting to prepare for it.  God help me. 
blog comments powered by Disqus