Wednesday, March 02, 2011

From Olives & Grapes

http://fromolivesandgrapes.com/Site/Welcome.htmlIf you are ever in the Cocoa Beach, Florida, there's a shop you should take time to drop into.  It's called From Olives & Grapes and it's a very unique little place.  They specialize in flavored Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars.  Sound weird?  I thought so until I went in there. 

2011_03020010


It's set up in a huge circular bar and there are little cups for tasting the oils and vinegars.  There are so many flavors!  You can check them out on their website.  I brought home Expresso Balsamic Vinegar and Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar.  My brother had already given me some Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar and Basil Olive Oil.

I played with the pomegranate one tonight by making a reduction.  I cooked 1 cup full in a small sauce pan on the stove until I had about 1/2 a cup and it had thickened up a bit.  Then, I put some chicken on the grill and glazed it with the reduction.  It was absolutely fantastic!  Just look how beautiful the chicken turned out:

2011_03020006

That's not burned by the way.  The reduction was a very dark brown and it carmelized while on  the grill.  Oh so good!  By the way, I am not affiliated with this shop in any way, shape or fan, but I am now a big fan!
blog comments powered by Disqus