Monday, March 21, 2011

Frothy Knitting

The Echo Flower Shawl is coming along well so far.  I've been knitting like a mad woman, but I'm only getting about 1 repeat per day now, where at the beginning I was averaging two repeats.   I've finished nine of the thirteen repeats before the border and edging are applied.  It's growing exponentially now, but it's difficult to see it when you lay it out.  See?

2011_03210011


It has a bubbly, frothy milk kind of look to it.  What's cool is when you spread out a few of the bubbles and see what they turn into:


Can you see the flowers now?  It's very difficult to stretch the knitting out and still take a picture.  My thumb distorted one of the flowers quite badly, didn't it?  

The magic of blocking will show off those flowers nicely.  However, I'm kind of scared to block it.  I'm having some major "What IF?" doubts.  What if I've screwed something up royally and just can't see it now?  What if I finish the shawl, block it and find HUGE unforgivable mistakes?  What if the Bride hates it?  

You know, those kind of What Ifs.  I'm not sure why I'm worried about it.  It's not like it has to be finished in about 2.5 weeks.  It's not like there's going to be time to fix any mistakes.  It's not like it's for an important occasion or anything, you know, like a WEDDING!  Jeez, why do I put myself into stressful situations?   
blog comments powered by Disqus