Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Thrift Store Fun

I went thrift shopping this weekend and was a woman on a mission.  See I have this seating problem at my place.  If I'm not in the living room and want a chair to relax in, the only options up til now have been a kitchen chair or my office chair.  Now, I love my office chair.  It's super comfy and I spend most of my day there.  However, sometimes a gal needs a chair of her own and I wanted mine in the bedroom.

I did have a rocking chair in there.  An old wooden one that was great for rocking babies, but it was not so kind on the rear end.   It mostly held clothing that the husband just threw on it.  Most people use a treadmill for draping clothes, he used the rocking chair.  I have no clue what we're going to do with the chair now.  We don't have room for it and it won't fit in the attic. 

Anyway, we (my Mom and I) went shopping.  The first place we hit (Goodwill), we struck gold.  I found a small chair that had great high quality upholstery fabric and was super comfy.   Best of all, it was only $25 bucks.  Can't beat that with a stick, can ya?  It needs cleaning and a little bit of tlc, but other than that, it's perfect.

Welcome to my bedroom (I just realized that I've never shown you it before):


The color is perfect too.  There's gold in my comforter (you can see a piece of it in the bottom right of the pic) and the brown dots on the chair are the same color as my drapes and the same brown is in my comforter also.  It's parked next to my grandmother's chifferobe.  What you can't see in the pic is a book shelf off to the right.  One shelf is just the perfect height for holding a cup of tea while relaxing in the chair.
The tlc needed is at the bottom of the chair.  The little flaps that cover the legs look like they're going to take flight.  I'm planning on steam cleaning the upholstery and then sewing the flaps down properly so that the chair doesn't try and fly away.


Mama's happy now.  One comfy chair in the bedroom that didn't break the bank.  Very cool.
blog comments powered by Disqus