Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Knitting and Dogs

There are two things that I habitually photograph that never show up well on camera, my dog and my knitting.   I really do want a photography for knitters class to show up on my doorstep.  It would have interesting and fun poses for the knitting project (cause the projects quite often are bored with just being laid out on my back deck) as well as a camera 101 session for the knitter.  But alas, until that time I'm going to have to settle for this:

2010_08100017


My back deck gets much better lighting than any place inside my house and at least the wood is a nice contrast against the green and browns in this yarn.  Here's a closeup so that you can see the yarn a little better:

2010_08100016


The color of my Chinese Crested Powderpuff is a mixture of brown and black and my camera has a difficult time focusing on her (maybe I need to put her out on the back deck as well), but I finally got a fun shot of her for you:

2010_08100001


I called in The Eldest to show him the pic of Roxie and the only thing he said was:  "She's picking her nose!"  :sigh: 

I've been giving her a "puppy cut" lately.  She looks so beautiful when her hair is long and her face is shaved the way it would be if we were showing her at a dog show, but this is one high maintenance dog so I'm going to have to settle for just cute. 

Her hair is very fine and is very much like a human's.  It has to be washed at a minimum of once a week and has to be brushed daily or it mats all up and she gets terrible dreadlocks.  I don't have the time or patience for that and I don't have the money to get her professionally groomed ($55 a pop where I live) so I went out and bought some shears and learned how to give her a haircut.  I now do three haircuts around here: 2 boys and 1 dog on a regular basis.  Now if I could only start charging them for it...
blog comments powered by Disqus