And I finally like it too. Way more sporty now and it fits like a dream.
Pattern: Perfect Periwinkle Turtleneck Tube Vest by Stephani Japel
Yarn: Hobby Lobby's Love This Cotton! in Sage
Needles Used: US sizes 5 & 7
- To avoid the Here Come my Boobs effect and make the tank more sporty, I only did the ribbing on the sides and left the front and back stockinette.
- Changed to smaller needle where the ribbing should have gone.
- Also added waist shaping at that section by decreasing one at both edges of the stockinette on both front and back. Knit for 2.5 inches and then increased one at both edges of the stockinette on both front and back.
- I-cord bind off to add a neat straight edge to keep the sportiness of the tank.
- Used cotton instead of wool.
- Only did the neck for 3 inches.
- Took photo with my camera that matched the project. :P
Here's another slightly less blurry shot (sorry, the pics were taken at night and indoors) where you can also see the neckline: