Just when you think all is going your way, Murphy shows up. I had finished 7/8's of my second Sidewinders sock. I tried it on. It was way too tight. I'm not sure if I left off a couple of rows or if my grafting was too tight and had no give. Perhaps a combination of both. But that's not the worst of it.
I continued to push my foot through it, like a royal dummy, and guess what happened?
A De-Freakin'-Disaster happened:
The grafting gave way and broke in the middle. Stitches came undone and began running for the hills.
At this point, I don't know what to do. Even if I fix the stitches ( I caught the little buggers by the way) I still have to contend with the grafting line being broken and that creates a real weak spot in the sock. Oh, and lest we forget, the stupid thing is already too tight.
I'm considering frogging the whole d@mn thing and beginning it again. It's too tight anyway, a few more rows would definitely help. But I can't think of that right now. It's just too overwhelming. It's going into the WIP pile to live over the weekend while I consider what to do.
I really don't want to do this sock a third time. Oh No! It's the dreaded Third Sock Syndrome! ACK!
I'm going out of town to a family reunion this weekend and taking a new project altogether. I need something new to clear away the little black rain cloud that's flying over my head.
Have a great weekend!