Friday, February 19, 2010

Sneak Peek at Fingerless Mitts

Wanna see what my new fingerless mitts look like?  Here ya go:
Outside lighting

Inside lighting:


I'm not thrilled with the pattern on the thumb, I'm changing it now, but wanted to show you how the cables and lace worked up on the top of the mitt.

Take a look at how the palm side looks:

Notice the horizontal garter ribbing that I came up with?  This keeps the glove snug on arm and wrist and makes the knitting a little more fun too.  I considered straight garter, but it wasn't snug enough and it bored me to tears.   

What I'm doing now is finishing up the right hand mitt and tweaking the thumb pattern.  Next I'll be typing it up, charting the cable and lace, getting a pdf created and then be throwing it out to some test knitters to get some feedback.  If you are interested in being one of those, please let me know in the comments below.

I really need to come up with a name for these.  Fingerless Mitt Prototype just doesn't seem to be zingy enough, ya know?