Thursday, February 25, 2010

Disney Collage

I've never been able to get into the craft of scrapbooking.  I tried to, I really did, but it's just not something that I knew I would keep up with and the expense of doing it was just a little too prohibitive.  Yet, I look at all the cute things that people come up with and how cute their kids' pictures look and my fingers itch to have something that cute too. 

Here's my solution, which happens to go with my walls needing some love.

I went to JoAnn's (cause there was a sale) and grabbed a cute collage frame.   It was 50% off!  12 bucks spent.  Not too bad.  Then I went over to the scrapbooking section of the store and found some really cute Disney stuff that was 40% off.  2.99 spent.  Again, not too bad.

I gathered my stuff and headed to my computer to print the pics out.  Here's where I had some trouble.  The places where the pics go are not necessarily standard sizes.  My software (microsoft crap) wouldn't print out custom sizes and flickr only measures in pixels, not inches so I don't know how to use it for something like this.  I went on the internet and downloaded a photo resizer, but again, it didn't do what I wanted it too.

Another restriction that I ran into during all of this was trying to get as many of these onto one page as I could to save on printer paper.  This printing stuff was supposed to be the easy part of the whole project.

My solution?  Microsoft Word 2007.  Who'd a thunk it, huh?

I put my pics in, resized them, set the printing to best photo and whammo!  It worked.  My pics were printed, cut out and put into the frame.  The Youngest helped me figure out where to put the stickers and we were done!

Our cute Disney Pics: