Monday, November 02, 2009

The Cost of My Curtains

I am now officially a day behind on my nanowrimo challenge.  I had an unexpected guest to spend the night and forgot all about my writing until around 11pm.  I got 923 words out of 1667 written.  I now get to do my regular 1667 for the day plus the deficit from yesterday once the kids finally go to bed tonight.

In other news, I finally got all my curtain stuff straighted out.  Yeah! 

I got all the rods and clips at IKEA.  The rods were $6.99 each and I bought three.  However, I am only using two of them, so I will put the other one away for another window project later.

Here's the cool part about my curtain project.  I bought 10 yards of burlap at JoAnn's yesterday and used a 40% off coupon for it.  It was regular $2.99/yd.  Then, there was a sale for this really pretty beaded trim that normally went for $12.99/yd.  It was also 40% off.  Then, I used two gift cards that had been given to me for my *ahem* anniversary.  Wanna know what the total cost of my kitchen curtains (fabric and trim only) came out to be?

$9.44!  How cool is that?  Add the hardware and it comes to a total of $23.44 for everything!  I'm so excited about this.

At the moment it looks like this:


You wouldn't believe the trouble we've had with the corner connection pieces.  Let's just say that a blow torch was involved, okay?  Oh, and let us not forget to mention the pipe cutter that I learned to use today, very fun.

Here's the mess of clips I still have to deal with.



I'm going to add the clips and sheers tonight if I get a chance.  I will begin working on the burlap part tomorrow sometime.


For now, here's a pic of the Jack 'O Lantern that I carved out on Saturday:


Ooh, Scary!