Friday, July 10, 2009

Vacation Logistics - Knittingwise

So we're off tomorrow for our beach vacation. We've rented a cute little cottage in Port St. Joe, FL. I have clothes, toys, metal detector, food, swim stuff. I even picked out a new knitting project, sort of.

I decided to make the 3 hour sweater. Let me make a few comments on this sweater:

1. There's no way in hell, unless you have the title of fastest knitter in the world, that you will be making this sweater in three measly little hours.
2. I looked up this sweater in Ravelry and most people chose to go with needle sizes 8 and 10. So I began this sweater with those needles. Check out the back portion of this sweater with me using those needles:

Hand included for size reference

I realize that this sweater stretches, but come on. I have to stretch it out to it's max to get it to fit across my back. Are the people on Ravelry who are making this size 0?
I can either add four more stitches to each section to get it a tiny bit roomier or go up another needle size, I'm not sure which. Either way the piece in the pic before you will be ripped out.

I'll be out next week, but hopefully will have some fun pics to show you and at least a partial sweater (I hope) when I get back!