Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peach Jam

I swear I've been on a roll this past week. Sally Homemaker has nothing on me I tell ya.

We have a White Peach Tree in our back yard and everything decided to ripen this week. And for the first time, I made peach jam! Yay me!

In process

Finished!


There's more coming, but I'll have to take care of it after the weekend. I'm not sure if I'll make more jam or if I'll just freeze the peaches. I had the Eldest help me with pitting and deworming the peaches. You should have seen his face when he came across the first worm. Ewww Yuck! This is the kid that hates all kinds of bugs and things and hates getting his hands dirty. He's such a city boy like his dad. It's so funny to watch them with stuff like this. He thinks all peaches and fruit comes out of the garden like they have them at the stores. I tried to explain about pesticides and all that, but I think he'd rather eat the chemicals than play with the worms. :)

I finished my Dark Green Day vest last night, but I have no pics as yet. I'll save those for next week. Have a great weekend!