Thursday, January 22, 2009

Free Pot! - Sorta

I've been trying to sell some stuff in order to get enough money to get me a drum carder. Have you priced drum carders lately? Those suckers cost more than my spinning wheel did and I thought that was excessive. So, I'm back to saving my nickels and dimes and pinching those pennies til the scream for mercy. Sort of. Anyway, I had a pleasant surprise today. I dumped out my little piggy bank and counted up what I've been socking away for the past several months and found $66 bucks! That's before I sell anything. Now if I could only get someone to respond to some of my Ebay and Craigslist ads...

I took the Youngest out today to run some errands. One of those errands involved getting him some new shoes. He insisted on the Batman ones, the ones that came with the dressup costume and only cost $10 at Walmart. But, I bet you didn't know that Batman ran around carrying an axe, did ya?




We also went around to some thrift shops looking for a pot that I can use for dyeing wool and roving in - specifically for acid dyeing. Found nada, zip, zilch. Until, I went to my Father In Law's for a second today. Guess what? Big enamel pot's been sitting in his cabinets for 25 years with no one wanting it. Yes! Free pot! Score! (HeeHee, now we'll see how many hits I get on this page alone just because I wrote Free pot.)


When we got back, I saw this, but in a blurry sort of state as it rushed past me out the door:


The neighbors got quite a show. Shea, diving into bushes yelling , No! Tiger! and then coming back up with a hissing cat that was trying to kill me. Fun.